Bowspring Workshops with Desi Springer & John Friend
12-14 June 2020
Friday, 12 June, 18:30-20:30
Lecture: The power of fascia for mind-body health
Discover the importance and power of fascia, the connective tissue that surrounds all of our muscles, bones and organs as a 3-dimensional webbing to improve the health of the body, physiology, nervous system and mind. Until recently, fascia was not considered very important for overall health by both the medical and fitness communities. Now we know that fascia is actually a great source of power for balanced posture, functional movement, athletic performance, and for a healthy mind and positive self-esteem.
In this talk, Desi and John will share how to:
- take care of your fascia to make it more bouncy, elastic, and hydrated
- change your default postural shape through fascial re-alignment
- improve your self-confidence and self-esteem through fascial alignment
- clear emotional traumas held in the fascia
Saturday, 13 June, 11:00-13:30
Power of Radiant Heart in the Yoga of Life
In this introductory class on the Bowspring method, we will explore dynamic poses which help to open the rib-cage on all sides giving buoyancy and agility to any functional movement. This helps us re-balance all of our daily postures and movements to prevent injuries and to maximize an experience of fulfillment. Radiant heart principles make it possible for anybody to reach their potential for harmonic proportion in their body alignment, presence of mindful and emotional resiliency and maturity. Radiant heart is an artistic expression of the meaning of life.
Saturday, 13 June, 14:30-17:00
Apply the fundamentals of Bowspring therapeutics to help relieve pain and transform chronic injuries of key areas of the body : hands, wrists, shoulders, feet, knees, hips, and lower back. Psycho-emotional patterning and unconscious self-identities will also be explored in their relationship to our chronic physical aches and pains.
Sunday, 14 June, 10:00-12:30
Bowspring for Every Body
Students of all levels are invited to join us for this delightful Bowspring class. Learn ways to utilize your breath in basic dynamic postural forms and simple functional movements to optimize vitality, stress reduction, and a positive mindset.
Through the Bowspring practice students can expect to feel:
- Lightness, agility, springy power
- Self-awareness, sensory perception and mental focus
- Uniform muscle tone on all parts of the body
- Compassion, courage, and patience
- Inner strength to look honestly at unconscious mind-body habitual patterns
- Tapering waistline and mounded glutes
- Stress management and control of nervous system and auto-immune reactivity
- Authentic confidence and self-respect
Most importantly, the Bowspring method integrates a mindfulness training with the cultivation of compassion and accountability to help each of us create our own individual destiny.
Friday : Fr 60.-
Saturday/Sunday: Fr 70.- per session
All 4 sessions: Fr 250.-
Register by email or at reception